SP Data Service
Effective Data Management
All businesses collect, utilise and store data in some form, but often have no processes in place to fully manage this. In addition, a lot of the data that companies gather may require a thorough cleanse and quality check before it can even be used. This is integral to maintain the accuracy that is vital for the retention and acquisition of customers. The absence of a formal data cleansing and management process can be detrimental to any business.
SP Data Service ensures that your data is valid, accurate and utilised effectively. We will provide you with a full data analysis based on your requirements and, if requested, make recommendations for future revenue-driving activities based on these findings.
- Cost effective data management solution
- Findings allow you to strategically plan future promotional and revenue-driving activities
- Data collected provides you with the means to effectively identify and address potential issues in relation to the performance of your retailers i.e. if the level of customer service provided depicts the need for additional training
- When launching e-marketing campaigns, data deduplication means that you can avoid sending consumers multiple sets of mailings
- Cleansed data reduces the volume of emails that are undeliverable, returned or delayed
- Targeted campaigns results in improved response rates and increased revenue
- Greatly reduces costs as enables more informed and strategic decision-making
- Effective data management ensures that you are compliant with data regulations and operate in a responsible manner
Case Study: Consumer Data Cleansing and Analysis
Client runs a promotional campaign. As a result of running this campaign, the client is in possession of a large database of consumer contact details, product/s purchased by each, and the store in which the product/s was purchased.
The client wants to launch another promotion, but wants to ensure that it is effective and is communicated correctly. All data is provided to SP with specific instructions on the criteria of data that the client wants to obtain.
SP begins by cleansing the data, which involves detecting and correcting (or removing) inaccurate or incomplete data, and then replacing or modifying it as required. The process includes:
- Email verification;
- Address verification;
- Checking for duplications and merging data as required;
- Identifying customer preferences, i.e. if the customer has opted in to receiving future communications from the client;
- Correcting typographical errors;
- Cross-checking data against a validated data set (if provided);
- Enhancing data, i.e. making data more complete by adding related information, such as adding postal codes to incomplete addresses;
- Standardising data, i.e. changing short codes such as ‘st.’ or ‘rd’ to ‘street’ and ‘road’.
SP segments the data and then conducts a full analysis of the information based on the client requirements.
All findings are presented to the client in the form of detailed reports. SP uses the findings to draw conclusions and provide the client with recommendations for future promotional activity.